Friday, September 16, 2011

What's a good pair of nose-cancelling headphones for jazz music?

I am a very critical listener. I listen mainly to jazz music, but also hip-hop, rock, and electronic. I previously had a pair of Sennheiser HD 280's that I liked, but they were not noise-cancelling. I am avoiding Bose QC 15's and Beats because the bass is too loud and unadjustable. Looking for a pair for under $500. Any ideas?|||Try the Bowers and Wilkins P5. Love mine.... They're not noise canceling, but no good headphones are. If you listen in noisy environments, passive isolation is what you need, not headphones that electronically screw with your music. And the B%26amp;Ws isolate extremely well for a supra-aural headphone.|||I used to own a pair of Etymotic HF5s, they performed beautifully for jazz. Their treble is simply magical, I've never heard Esbjorn Svensson renditioned better. For about $300 you can get the world reference for accuracy, precision and neutrality, another Etymotic; the ER4B. As with all Etymotics their noise isolation is simply phenomenal once you get the insertion right. I would say that they reduce noise about 10 times as well as Bose and infinitely better than Beats.|||Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable is my first pair of premium earphones. I love them! I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly rock and these earphones have shown me a new dimension in most of my favorite songs. The Mids are especially awesome, and the clarity is breathtaking. Again, I am new to high-end in ears so can't really say that these are the best for the price range, but I am happy with the purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment