Friday, September 23, 2011

What is some good intermediate Jazz for solo piano?

I'm not quite sure where to begin in the world of jazz, which brings me here for some advice. I'd like to learn to play a few jazz pieces for solo piano as well as learn some jazz theory. My skill level is somewhere around intermediate, and I would describe the style I'm looking for as smooth and/or mellow.





Could anyone suggest some artists/composers who might be worth looking into?|||George Gershwin- Summertime/ I Got Rhythm/ 'S Wonderful


Dave Brubeck- Take Five/ Blue Rondo A La Turk


Andre Previn- Perdido/ You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To


Duke Ellington- Take The A Train/ Mood Indigo


Count Basie- Honey Suckle Rose/ Super Chief/ One O'Clock Jump


Oscar Peterson- Alone Together/ A Simple Life/ But Not For Me|||MY FUNNY VALENTINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment