Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What's a good book for learning jazz piano?

I love jazz piano. I want to learn how to improvise. I have been playing piano for six years, but I can only do a little bit of improvising. The songs i play are mostly classical and my piano teacher teaches classical. Are there any good books for learning jazz improv? Thanks!|||I was in your exact same position a couple years ago, I wanted to be able to improvise and just sit at the piano without any help from sheet music or memorized set pieces. Well, I can tell you what books are good at learning jazz piano, but more importantly GET A JAZZ PIANO TEACHER, GET A REAL BOOK. Thats what really helped me learn, changing teachers, if I didnt change teachers, I would not be playing jazz as well as I do today. Also, get a fake book, a music book with hundreds of songs...one of the most famous being called the Real Book (Hal Leonard). I salute you, and hope you begin a long journey in the path of jazz....unleash your personal expression in music and look past the sheets! (sheet music)


http://www.usedbooks.co.nz/images/Book/0鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment