Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I want to learn to play the keyboard in a rock/jazz way?

I don't have any keyboard experience other than old macdonald, are there any free online lessons that will teach me to play rock/jazz from where I am now without going through the whole classical piano style?|||Are you in luck?! There are several "free" teachers on YouTube and they are very good! I've played jazz piano for many years and I especially like jazz/rock fusion. You will find lots on help on the internet. But don't forget, the main thing about jazz is that you are always striving to play your best. You have to be able to go in any possible direction at any given moment! To have that ability, above all you have to master your instrument. It is easier if you have a live teacher pointing out what YOU are doing wrong and explaining the right thing to YOU. Personally. You won't be playing "classical piano style" but having done classical study makes it easier to get properly into jazz! It is not the ONLY way, but it doesn't hurt. When you listen to great keyboardists like Dave Brubeck and Keith Emerson, you'll hear what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment