Friday, September 23, 2011

What song to use for a audition for middle school Jazz Band?

My middle school is having Jazz Band Auditions and im a 1st Trumpet and i think i'd make it but you need to audition with your own song and i don't know what song to use.


It can be any type of song (i.e rag time,rock,jazz) but it can't be too hard for a middle school level or too easy. please post the song name and if you can a link to a video or a mp3 playing the song


IN A TRUMPET OR ALTO SAXOPHONE(My friend's auditioning too)|||I don't play trupet or saxophone, sorry. I am not sure what level you are on or anything, so I am just gonna take a shot here. Maybe Imperium by Michael Sweeney? That was always my favorite band song. It is like a marching song, I guess. Or you could do La R茅jouissance, Music for the Royal Fireworks Music. That is like one of those wedding songs. Or you could do the Star Wars theme song. I did that for one of my concerts. It isn't really that hard. I don't know, I am sorry if those were bad songs. Good luck!|||For jazz tunes to audition on, Take the A Train, Night train, Blue Monk, Blue Trane, and maybe Straight No Chaser if you can manage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment