Friday, September 23, 2011

Are jazz pants with shiny or soft fabric better?

I ordered some jazz pants expecting the soft fabric that isn't shiny (I think it's cotton with lycra or spandex?) but instead got the shiny ones that are tactel/spandex. Which kind is better or why do people prefer on over the other?|||I'd been told that matt was better for plumper dancers, and that shiny would highlight my problem areas.





So I generally go for absorbent or breathable materials, and matt - but I recently ordered a Mirelle sleeveless leotard that was shinier than I would have liked. I nearly sent it back but decided to give it a trial by wearing it to class.





(There isn't much choice when you are XL - it's black, black, or black, and wait 3 months while they dig on the shelves or have to order it in)





2 other dancers asked if I had lost weight so it must have looked ok.





The weight of the material, cut, and spandex percentage is probably more important. Cut above all.|||I personally like the shiny ones better. They just feel more appropriate for dance. Like when I'm wearing the cotton kinds they kinda feel like thin sweatpants.

No comments:

Post a Comment