Friday, September 9, 2011

What are the most elite college for musical education in jazz/rock?

I have been looking into Berklee and Frost, yet I need more schools that suit me. I want a school that offers a lot of choices (all in music) and has minimal core classes (for example berklee has few classes but it is all revalent, like music history). What other schools are there that would have something to offer me in the area or performance or possibly another spot in the music industry? Keep in mind that I am not looking for a classical music education but rather as defined in the genres or rock and jazz.|||Careful about your decision to not get a solid liberal arts background. Those core classes serve a purpose - they are why employers insist on college grads for some jobs.





That said - tops in the field is Berklee, hands down. Miami is very well respected as well.





Almost all programs everywhere else are going to require a significant core requirement for a bachelor's degree in music. They will also tend to concentrate on the western classical tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment