Friday, September 9, 2011

What are some good swing and jazz songs I can put on a mix CD for my dad?

He likes rock and jazz but I only have one jazz song on there so far (Sing, Sing, Sing by Benny Goodman). Can you help? He would love a song with a great trumpet solo.|||"In the Mood" by Glenn Miller (Harry James has a great solo in there. I transcribed it last year for a variety show. it was amazing)





"Mo' Better Blues" by: Randy Scott (If you've ever seen the movie, it's the theme song. It has some great solos in there. They absolutely blew me away)





"Tall Cotton" by: Count Basie (It has a great trombone feature, but an absolutely wonderful trumpet solo in the middle. Out Jazz I played it earlier this year. its a great song.)





If you look at anything by Benny Goodman, those are really good. Duke Ellington is great, too. He's not a trumpet player himself, but there are some great solos in there. good luck :)|||any song from big bad voodoo daddy, they are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment